We will provide You notice via email or a notification on the AfterSchool website prior to any material changes to this Pricing and Promotions Policy taking effect. If You have any questions on this policy, please email Our Support team using the form below.
Any version of this Pricing and Promotions Policy in a language other than English is provided for convenience and You understand and agree that the English language will control if there is any conflict.
Selecting a Base Price
As an Instructor, You may select a Tier governing the Base Price for Your Course from the AfterSchool price tier matrix (summary of which is provided below). You can do so by going to the “Price Edit” screen in Your Instructor Account. Thereafter, Students will see the price selected, unless otherwise adjusted pursuant to the terms of this Pricing and Promotions Policy. Notwithstanding, in connection with promotional programs, certain Courses may be priced at higher prices at AfterSchool’s discretion
Except when a Course is made available through AfterSchool’s Marketing Programs, an Instructor will be solely responsible for determining the Base Price to be charged for such Course, in accordance with the Instructor Terms. In the case of Courses offered on AfterSchool’s mobile applications, the mobile platform provider’s pricing matrix will control and the provider will select the price tier that is closest to the Course price set by the Instructor.
Revenue Share and Taxes
As set forth in Section 9 of the Instructor Terms, If You do not opt into the AfterSchool Marketing Programs (see below), We will pay You fifty percent (50%) of the Net Amount received for Your Course less any applicable deductions such as Student refunds (“Standard Revenue Share”). Should You decide to opt in to any of Our Marketing Programs, the relevant revenue share may be different, as defined for each program.
AfterSchool makes all payments to Instructors in HKD. AfterSchool will assume all transaction processing fees, excluding foreign currency conversion.
Your revenue report will display the local Sales Price (in HKD).
AfterSchool’s Marketing Programs for Paid Courses
AfterSchool gives Instructors an opportunity to opt into the following currently available marketing programs (“Marketing Programs”) via Your Instructor Account. The specific deals may change from time to time to optimize Your revenue, but the most current deals are below:
1 AfterSchool Deals Program: Targeted to Drive Sales of Your Courses.
- The AfterSchool Deals program utilizes highly segmented discounting via email and other channels designed to optimize sales of Your Course. You may choose to participate in either or both of the following programs, “Percentage Promotions” and/or “Fixed-Price Promotions”:
- The “Percentage Promotions” program allows AfterSchool to offer Your Course for a discount of up to and including 75% off the Base Price (or slightly higher for rounding off prices); and
- The “Fixed-Price Promotions” program allows AfterSchool to offer Your Course for a fixed price that is less than the Base Price, but no less than approximately $100 KD (e.g., $100, $198 or $298 deals). Please note, the Sale Price under Fixed-Price Promotions may represent a discount exceeding 75% depending on the applicable Base Price.
- AfterSchool Deals program offers may be promoted via the Services, communications to Users, or Third Party Platforms. You understand and agree that the actual duration may vary for any specific AfterSchool Deal program.
2 AfterSchool Marketing Boost Program: A Multi-Channel Marketing Program to Drive Sales of Your Course.
- The AfterSchool Marketing Boost program is the AfterSchool Marketing Program that promotes Courses through Affiliates and Third Party Platforms Deal Partners such as Facebook. There is no upfront cost to this program.
- When AfterSchool, at its option, purchases and places advertisements for Your Course on Third Party Platforms, and tracks the resulting sales through appropriate means (including, but not limited to, tracking pixels, cookies and the like) (“Paid Advertising”), there will be fees associated with such Paid Advertising activities.
- Revenue Share: By participating in the AfterSchool Marketing Boost program, You agree that AfterSchool: (i) may employ External Partners and undertake Paid Advertising to promote Your Courses; and (ii) may deduct External Partner fees or Paid Advertising fees before calculating the Net Amount. You acknowledge that in connection with the AfterSchool Marketing Boost program, Your revenue share may vary, but will be 25% of Net Amount in most cases.
Instructor Created Coupons
As an Instructor, You may be able to increase Your sales by promoting Your Courses by using a coupon code (“Coupon Code”) that You have created on AfterSchool.
You will receive seventy percent (70%) of the Net Amount (as defined in the Instructor Terms) from those Student who input Your Coupon Code at the time they enroll in Your Course.
By using Coupon Codes, You may offer Your Courses at any percentage discount, provided Your Course Sale Price does not fall below approximately $100 HKD. Alternatively, You may also offer Your Courses for free, i.e. at a full 100% off of the Base Price. Notwithstanding the foregoing, You may issue Coupon Codes that allow Users to take Your Course for free.